Tuesday, October 21, 2008

What A Wonderful Day With My Family

I made chicken soup and apple pie. We lit a fire and carved pumpkins outside and are now ending the day. I don't know how much I will be able to finish in this blog, but I intend on putting the recipes I made from today up and also pics from our pumpkin carving fun.

I will start with pumpkin carving tonight. Probably will post the soup and also another recipe I made with pics either tonight or tomorrow.



Setting up



Our pumpkins only 2.99 a piece with buy 2 get 3rd free.



Nice warm fire.



Anderson did not like to put his hands in pumpkin.







Anderson finally decided to take his glove off and just go bare handed to pull out pumpkin guts.


He thought it was pretty gross.


Then he was proud of himself.





Here is when we took a break to have the "best apple pie ever" as Bill said.






The day as I said was very good. Here are pics of the finished products of my meals I made today for which I will post recipes with the pictures of each step.





Here are the finished pumpkins...


Bill's pumpkin for Jack!


Anderson's pumpkin


Courtney's pumpkin

Pumpkin family hanging out on porch.



Bill decided to make roasted pumpkin seeds.



You may have been wondering where my littlest one was during all this....my little Jack-O-Lantern was sleeping peacefully in his cozy car seat.
Pin It!

1 comment:

Amy@ MomsToolbox said...

Sounds like a great day and evening of fall fun! And the pumpkins are adorable (especially the little jack o lantern peacefully sleeping).
We've never roasted the pumpkin seeds, but I think we might this year. Our 5 year old keeps asking and, after seeing this, I can only wonder why we haven't before.
Happy fall. :)