Saturday, February 25, 2012

Feeling Amazing on Whole30


I am over a week into doing Whole30 and I feel amazing.

I will say that eliminating sugar has done wonders for me. Yesterday I was up at 5:40 in the morning as we had an early morning doctors appointment for my littlest guy. Usually, I would be crashing multiple times throughout the day and I made it through the entire day until midnight without feeling tired at all. Proteins and good fats really do fuel the body.

Yesterday I ate:

Breakfast: Eggs with green pepper and onion fried up in bacon fat.
Lunch: Chicken salad made with homemade mayo, drizzled with Sunshine Sauce and served in a lettuce wrap.
Dinner: No Bean Chili
Snacks: Handful of mixed nuts (almonds, pecans, and walnuts), coffee with coconut milk creamer, a spoonful of coconut butter. Acorn Squash Porridge. Banana with coconut milk.

I really love the way I feel and am starting to see how sugar has really been bad for me.

I whipped up a pot of No Bean Chili, Crockpot Pot Roast and Pork Carnitas the other day to make it easier to just grab what I need when I need it. Being prepared is key when eating this way.

I am so interested in seeing my body composition results at the end of the 30 days. I already know I will be doing another Whole30.

Have a wonderful Saturday everyone!
Pin It!

1 comment:

Heidi Lee said...

I am excited for you! I am way behind in checking your blog. Sorry.

These new meals you are on sound very interesting and very good for the body. It's fun reading your posts on FB about it too. Good job!