Sunday, October 5, 2008

Today

Today has been a better day. I have been listening to hymns and cooking. Made Chili, Bread, Hamburger Soup. Still have to make baked oatmeal to last through the week for breakfast. Some thoughts I am trying to keep my mind focused on.

What a friend we have in Jesus,
All our sins and griefs to bear!
What a privilage to carry
Ev'rything to God in prayer!
Oh, what peace we often forfeit,
Oh what needless pain we bear,
All because we do not carry
Ev'rything to God in prayer!

Have we trials and temptations?
Is there trouble anywhere?
We should never be discouraged,
Take it to the Lord in prayer:
Can we find a friend so faithful
Who will all our sorrows share?
Jesus Knows our every weakness,
Take it to the Lord in prayer.

Are we weak and heavy laden,
Cumbered with a load of care?
Precious Saviour, still our refuge;
Take it to the Lord in prayer:
Do thy friends despise, forsake thee?
Take it to the Lord in prayer;
In His arms He'll take and shield thee;
Thou wilt find a solace there.


Photobucket


I am weak and heavy laden, cumbered with a load of care. I need to remember he is still my refuge and pray to him. I need to feel shielded in his arms and find solace..even in the midst of my crying baby who is in pain. We should never be discouraged. When I am alone, he is my friend, he is my partner. I have been forfeiting my peace and withstanding needless pain...because I have not carried it all to him in prayer. I love that song.

He’s fairer than lilies of rarest bloom;
He’s sweeter than honey from out of the comb;
He’s all that my hungering spirit needs,
I’d rather have Jesus and let Him lead.

I would rather have Jesus!!!



and last but not least.....


When peace, like a river, attendeth my way,
when sorrows like sea billows roll;
whatever my lot, thou hast taught me to say,
It is well, it is well with my soul.

Though Satan should buffet, though trials should come,
let this blest assurance control,
that Christ has regarded my helpless estate,
and hath shed his own blood for my soul.

It is well with my soul,
it is well, it is well with my soul.


Whatever my lot Lord, thou hast taught me to say...It IS well with my soul.



Just some thoughts from my Sunday afternoon. I was not able to go to church again this Sunday due to Jack not feeling well.

I ended up catching The Winning Walk on t.v. and he was talking about wives and submission. It was really eye opening for me. I have a lot of work to do on myself.

I am stumbling along FAITHFULLY.......
Pin It!

No comments: