Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Tater Tot Casserole

In the midst of making soup and pie yesterday, I also made a casserole for a friend from church who just had a baby. I love this casserole and it is so simple to make. Also, you can substitute some leaner meat and fat free items to make it healthier. You will see pictures of a doubled version, but I am giving instructions for a single recipe. The single recipe feeds me the kids and Bill just fine, but I doubled it for my friend because she has more people in her family.

You will need 1 lb ground beef, onion, 1 can mushroom soup, milk, frozen mixed veggies, shredded cheddar cheese and tater tots.


Brown 1 pound of ground beef with onion and drain


Place hamburger in square pan.


Mix 1 can mushroom soup and 1/4 cup milk in dish and then spread over hamburger in pan.




Sprinkle 1 cup frozen mixed veggies over mushroom soup.



Then sprinkle 1 cup mild cheddar cheese over that.


Add tater tots to the top. Bake for 45 minutes on 350.



For more great recipes head over to The grocery cart challenge.
Pin It!

1 comment:

MamaFeelgood said...

oh yeah I'm saving this one. It's like shepherd's pie with a twist. Napoleon Dynamite would approve.