Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Inauguration Day

Today is definitely a day in history. My children are seeing the first black president take office today. The D-Academy will be studying previous inauguration days in history, what normally happens on inauguration day, making a flip book on what it would be like to live in the White House and watching the new president give his inauguration address. Hoping to also get into previous addresses from Abraham Lincoln, Thomas Jefferson, etc. We have a map of the inaugural parade that we will be looking over as well. I am sure that my son will be excited to just take a break from normal school to have a different kind of day. I would like him to put himself in the new president's daughter's shoes and see what that might feel like. His daughter is only a year younger than my son. Should be an interesting day!
Pin It!

No comments: