Thursday, November 27, 2008

Turkey Day Thankfulness

Okay, I am sooooo stuffed. We had an early dinner, but I am still feeling full many hours later. I made turkey (in an oven bag), which was very moist, Mashed red skin potatoes w/skin on, with garlic and parmesan, green bean casserole, whipped butternut squash, stuffing, and for dessert a pumpkin crisp which was to die for and I will be posting the recipe on here. My husband said I could not make it again it was that good. Anything he fears he will eat to much of, he says I cannot make again. I forgot the dinner rolls, but oh well...I will make them for something else. Dinner was wonderful and we spent the entire day including dinner in our p.j.'s. Its been a rough year for all of us with me being pregnant, us having a baby that had reflux, Bill working two jobs....we deserve dinner in pajamas..ha ha. We spent a quarter of the dinner time going around the table saying what we were thankful for. Some things were quite interesting things to be thankful for. I will have to post some pictures tomorrow of this and that.

The baby is finally in bed. The kids are sitting around the Christmas tree in the front room and I can hear the babies lullabies playing through the static of the monitor. I would say this has been a pretty good end to a very nice Thanksgiving with my family. I am thankful for them. I am thankful....
Pin It!

No comments: