Saturday, October 17, 2009

Fall Is My Favorite

I don’t know what it is about fall that makes me feel more love for my family, more thankful for my home and more excited for a winter of hibernating. Fall for me is time for baking, time for much needed family closeness in the warmth of our home, its blankets and candles and the sound of the furnace. Its life slowing down to a pace I can handle. I love how the colors of gold, red and orange paint a backdrop of blue. The shadow of fallen leaves around the trees in the park, entice me to take a picture to keep the memory forever. Time for getting out all the heavier coats and making sure we are stocked with gloves and hats. I find us gathering around the dinner table for a hot bowl of soup and a piece of bread for dipping. Ending the night under a heavy blanket with my honey and touching feet to keep warm…..I love fall……

In autumn when the trees are brown
The little leaves come tumbling down
They do not make the slightest sound
But lie so quietly on the ground
Until the wind comes puffing by
And blows them off towards the sky.

The winds will blow their own freshness into you,
and the storms their energy,
while cares will drop away from you
like the leaves of Autumn.

Fall poem by John Muir


Pin It!

No comments: