Sunday, March 15, 2009
Menu Plan Monday
MONDAY - White Chicken Chili from RecipeAlong click here
TUESDAY - Good ole Corn Beef and Cabbage..been doing this every year for a while now...its a family tradition. I might try this recipe here, Irish soda bread here and Shamrock Shakes here
CROCKPOT WEDNESDAY - Slow Cooker Chilupe, I saw this on Good Morning America here
CROCKPOT THURSDAY - BBQ Veggie Joes
1 cup dried lentils rinsed and sorted.
2 cups water
1 1/2 cups celery chopped
1 1/2 cups carrots chopped
1 cup onion chopped
3/4 cup ketchup
2 Tbsp dark brown sugar
2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
2 Tbsp cider vinegar
1. In medium saucepan, combine lentils and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Cover and simmer 10 minutes.
2. Combine celery, carrots, onions, ketchup, brown sugar, Worcestershire and lentils with water in slow cooker. Mix well.
3. Cover. Cook on low 8 to 10 hours or until lentils are soft.
4. Stire in vinegar just before serving.
5. Allow 1/2 cup filling for each sandwich.
Might also make these for the buns here
FRIDAY - Salisbury Steak found here
For more menus visit 5 dollar dinners here