Friday, November 19, 2010

Brennan Nicholas 10/02/96-11/19/96

I Thessalonians 4:13-14
But I do not want you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning those who have fallen asleep, lest you sorrow as others who have no hope. For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who sleep in Jesus.



—John 14:1-3
“Let not your hearts be troubled. Believe in God; believe also in me. In my Father's house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also.



Revelation 21:4
And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away."



2 Corinthians 4:16-15:8
Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.Now we know that if the earthly tent we live in is destroyed, we have a building from God, an eternal house in heaven, not built by human hands. Meanwhile we groan, longing to be clothed with our heavenly dwelling, because when we are clothed, we will not be found naked. For while we are in this tent, we groan and are burdened, because we do not wish to be unclothed but to be clothed with our heavenly dwelling, so that what is mortal may be swallowed up by life. Now it is God who has made us for this very purpose and has given us the Spirit as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come.Therefore we are always confident and know that as long as we are at home in the body we are away from the Lord. We live by faith, not by sight. We are confident, I say, and would prefer to be away from the body and at home with the Lord.



14 years ago today, part of my life story went home to be with the Lord. My son Brennan died as a result of SIDS. I am so thankful that I will be able to be with him again. That gives me hope even in the face of pain. I thank God that he has made me whole and that through my relationship with him, he gives me that opportunity to have eternal life and be with the people that I cherish.

If you would like to know Jesus as your personal Lord and Savior, please click here


Blessings to you today,


Pin It!

2 comments:

Southern Gal said...

Andrea, I popped over here to wish you a happy thanksgiving. Then I read your last post (I didn't get it in my reader for some reason) and I'm in tears. I pray you'll have a blessed day even though your heart is heavy. Those verses give us such hope. I'm so thankful for the hope we have in Jesus Christ. Hugs.

Jae said...

Oh, this post just touched my heart. What a difficult thing to go through. Bless you and your family!